Welcome to My Blog!

I've been diagnosed with a small labral tear and mixed Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) in my right hip. This blog follows my efforts to do something about it.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not the end of the world

I won't lie...the blinding pain I had last night scared me and sent me through the whole spiralling thought-process about the futility of PT and the ultimate result of surgery, and concern that I haven't heard back from Vail, etc. etc. So I was really scared to wake up this morning and see what sort of pain awaited me. I felt a little twinge when I rolled over in bed, which I promptly ignored and snoozed through. But eventually I couldn't put it off any longer and I scooted myself to the edge of the bed and stood up. A quick systems check, and voila, no hip pain. (A little muscle tightness though, and I think my IT band is still pulling on my right knee). But I took a large sigh of relief, and went through my morning routine. Fingers crossed that I get through the entire day pain-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment