Welcome to My Blog!

I've been diagnosed with a small labral tear and mixed Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) in my right hip. This blog follows my efforts to do something about it.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Feels like someting else

Well, I'm experiencing firsthand proof that the "recovery" process (if that's what you can call what I'm doing....it's more like "precovery") is a lot of stepping forward and moving backwards.  I went to stand up after sitting for a few hours, and that blinding pain from the groin to the side of the hip prevented me from completing the motion. Worse even, the pain was in both hips and was most severe in my "good" hip. It is coming on in the same way as might right hip pain did. I assume that if, ultimately, the water PT helps the right hip, it will also help with the left hip pain. But if not, I'm not looking forward to the prospect of going through this whole cruddy process for two surgeries. 

Sigh. I guess one step (literally) at a time. Maybe this pain is reasonable to expect after the horribly sedentary month that preceeded it. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Looking forward to "swimming" with the pull buoy and giving the hips a rest since I know they worked really hard this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment