Welcome to My Blog!

I've been diagnosed with a small labral tear and mixed Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) in my right hip. This blog follows my efforts to do something about it.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Frozen Yogurt Pet Peeve

I classify this blog post as related to my hip because I'm trying to lose weight.  I went to a frozen yogurt self-serve restaurant last night, one of the thousands that have popped up recently throughout LA. The joy of self-serve is you can make any flavor combination you can think of, put any fruit or candy in your yogurt, any strange mix of sauces and syrups, and you simply pay by the ounce.

The problem is the cup they give you to fill. Did I say cup? I meant bucket. That thing can easily hold 12 ounces of yogurt. There are no smaller cups, or even kids' cups. Nope. Just pull the lever and fill your trough with sugar.

So, mindful that I wanted only a serving of yogurt (4 ounces) and some fresh berries as a topping, I measured out my yogurt before adding the toppings. But 4 little ounces of yogurt looks so pathetic in that huge container. As a visual eater, I would much rather have a small cup and fill it to the top and feel like I'm eating more than to take a huge cup and only fill it a fraction. Booo. How ridiculous is it that eating a serving of fro-yo and berries left me feeling somewhat deprived?

Anyway, I got over it and really enjoyed my serving. I even sprinkled on some coconut shavings for an extra treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment