Welcome to My Blog!

I've been diagnosed with a small labral tear and mixed Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) in my right hip. This blog follows my efforts to do something about it.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Not again!

I had a wonderful Labor Day weekend with my husband. We went wine tasting and had a great time. But unfortunately, my hip pain returned with a vengeance. And not just in my injured right hip. My left hip (and associated muscles) are tight, spasm-ing, and all together consistently awful. Again, it's nearly all I can think about. I want some relief and I want it soon.

But most of all, I'm just disappointed. I really hoped that my two-month improvement was the start of a trend. That I would be able to avoid surgery altogether. Now, I'm not so sure. And I'm devastated.

I filled out some paperwork about my injury the other day and it made me re-evaluate what I did before I was injured and how my life has changed post-injury. The reminder of just how limited I am (i.e., the activities I don't bother participating in, the way I decide if I do want to do something) really hit me hard.

On the upside, my injury is making me more conscious of all of the people who are out there freaking out about various procedures and health issues.  My dog recently passed his AKC Good Canine Citizen test and I'm looking into various programs at hospitals, etc., to volunteer our time and help use my dog's amazing gifts in a therapeutic way.  The group I'm most impressed with however has their own testing and evaluation process, so it looks like it will take some time for me to get started. But I think it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment