Welcome to My Blog!

I've been diagnosed with a small labral tear and mixed Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) in my right hip. This blog follows my efforts to do something about it.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Hanging in here

I don't have much of an update, but I thought I'd make my site more cheerful looking. I've been feeling pretty good. Earlier this week, I definitely had a set-back and pretty severe pain whenever I'd stand up. It also hurt when I was sitting and moved my legs a certain way.
I'm not sure what set it off. I tried a new exercise during Gyrotonic class on Monday evening that I think I might have overdone. But it could have been my shoes...I was wearing heels (though they're comfy wedge heel boots) on Monday. It might have been the fact that I didn't take enough standing breaks throughout the day. Who knows. Maybe it was an extra pound of Halloween candy.

The pain is all but gone now. My Gyrotonic class this morning was pure bliss. But I'm not going to take any of my pain-free moments for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment