Welcome to My Blog!

I've been diagnosed with a small labral tear and mixed Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) in my right hip. This blog follows my efforts to do something about it.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Waiting. Sucks.

I'm not the world's most patient person.  I hate waiting for appointments.  I know that waiting two more weeks to see the surgeon means I have two weeks more till I can schedule a surgery.  Which means that the earliest I can schedule said surgery has also been delayed by two weeks (minimum).  I suppose there are many more problems that are of much greater significance.  But I'm anxious to get on my way to recovery.

I did manage to get the paperwork for the temporary handicap placard.  My general physician was able to sign off on it, having reviewed the extensive amount of documentation I faxed to him.  But of course, DMV services were down this morning when I tried to actually get the placard, so I need to try again tomorrow.

Yesterday, I ordered a waterproof case and headphones for my Ipod Shuffle (2nd gen) to keep me excited about swimming.  Of all of the sports out there, swimming just isn't my calling.  On the other hand, since it's pretty much all I'm able to do at the moment, I am desperate to find a way to make it interesting.  I'm hoping that books on tape or some good music helps.

So far I have been calling Dr. Guanche's office each day and trying to get an earlier appointment.  They keep telling me that I should keep calling back because people cancel all of the time, and, because they don't keep a standby list.  Despite my pleas of desperation yesterday, there were no earlier appointments and I'm getting concerned with how follow-ups might be treated and scheduled post-surgery with Dr. Guanche.

I haven't heard back yet from Dr. Philippon or anyone in his office.  But based on what I was told last week, I shouldn't expect to hear from them until Friday at the earliest, and, given the holiday, probably next Tuesday.

So in the meantime, I'm trying hard to focus on work and on anything other than the pain and the knowledge that I have a labral tear that I'm trying not to make worse. But it's like anything I tell myself not to think about....suddenly it's all I can think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment